The Semper Paratus Lodge was formed from members of the National Fire Brigades Union and was consecrated on Wednesday 6th of January 1904. The Lodge met at a number of different locations during its years in London.
As membership declined the main nucleus of the lodge were Oxfordshire masons and as a result they elected to relocate the Lodge to the Province of Oxfordshire. After much hard work and organisation the Lodge made its Oxfordshire home at the Masonic Hall Woodstock holding its first meeting in 2012.
Since relocating to Woodstock the Lodge has more than doubled its membership both from former members of the Chedelintone Lodge and many new members from the local area. The Lodge continues to grow and prosper and has now formed its own Chapter.
|2019||On the 21st of March 2019 the Semper Paratus Chapter performed its first exaltation ceremony.|
|2018||The Lodge forms its own Chapter (The Holy Royal Arch). The consecration took place at the Witney Masonic Hall, Church Green, Witney on Saturday 6th October 2018.|
|2015||On the 25th of February 2015, a Ballot for Joining membership was conducted for 17 Brethren formerly of the Chedelintone Lodge No.6508. The ex-Chedelintone members proved to be a great asset to the Semper Paratus Lodge, who enthusiastically adopted all its associated customs and traditions. This was demonstrated when all the ex-Chedelintone Lodge members holding Provincial rank purchased undress regalia to support Semper Paratus’s customs with its London roots.|
|2012||The Woodstock Masonic Hall and the Province of Oxfordshire having extended the hand of friendship and support. The Lodge moved to the Province of Oxfordshire. The first meeting (under dispensation, pending confirmation of a permanent move) at The Masonic Hall, New Road, Woodstock was held 22nd of February 2012.|
|2004||The Centenary meeting took place on the 24th of February 2004. VW Deputy Metropolitan Grand Master Russell John Race PGSwdB presided over proceedings which were attended by a large deputation of Metropolitan Grand Lodge Officers and Grand Lodge Officers.|
|1980-2000||During the 1980’s and 90’s coaches could regularly be seen outside 333 Banbury Road picking up brethren, meetings of 40 – 50 in attendance were commonplace.|
|1973||On the 24th of October 1973, the Lodge moved to the Southgate Masonic Centre and remained there for the next 40 years.|
|1972||In September 1972, following the closure of the Criterion Restaurant the Lodge moved to the Royal Angus Hotel, 39 Coventry Street, London. It was never intended that this would be considered as a permanent home for the Lodge and it only met there six times.|
|In 1955 the Lodge moved to the Criterion Restaurant, Piccadilly Circus. Unfortunately, there is no information as to why this move came about.|
|On the 24th of February 1954, the Lodge celebrated it’s 50-year existence and to mark the occasion a special Volume of the Sacred Law, that we still proudly refer to and use in every meeting, it was presented to the Lodge by one of its members, Bro. J S Temple Edwards to commemorate the occasion.|
|On the 6th of January 1904 the Semper Paratus Lodge was formed as a Masonic Home for members of the National Fire Brigades Union and was added to roll of Metropolitan Lodges. The consecration and inaugural meeting was held at the Holborn Restaurant, High Holborn, London|